IELTS Speaking Band 9 Clear and Confident Answers


IELTS Speaking Band 9 Clear and Confident Answers

Youtube: AcademicEnglishHelp

Link: https://youtu.be/8BGO5IU6mw0

Speaking Topics

Part One: Introduction

Talking about art

Part Two: Cue Card

Being part of a cricket club

Part Three

Club memberships

 

High-level vocabulary is underlined in subtitle

Definitions in the description

Welcome to the speaking section of the IELTS exam.

My name is Addrinan, I will be your examiner for this part of the test, and I’m recoding this for clerical purposes.

The time right now is 12 o’clock, and we are conducting this exam in Bengaluru.

This is candidate number 95887213, and examiner number 5891.

The speaking has three parts, I will give you instructions for each.

May I see your identification?

Yes, certainly, here is my passport that I used to register for IELTS, you can have a look at it please.

What is your full name?

My first name is Akshan and my family name is Singh, you can call me by my first name please.

Ok Akshan, for part one, I will ask you a couple of questions to get to know you better, and some questions on a general topic.

Where do you live?

I live in Bengaluru, the capital city of Karnataka, in a three-bedroom quaint house with my parents and siblings.

What do you do at the weekends?

Usually on Saturday, I study as I’m planning to pursue my P.h.D. in Computer Management in the US. On Sundays I generally hang out with my friends. Last Sunday we went to this interesting cricket game between Bengluru and Mumbai.

Let’s talk about art

Do you like to draw or paint?

Not really, I mean it is not one of my hobbies. I believe the last time I painted a picture was in middle school for a project and I did draw my grandparent’s house. It wasn’t that great.

Did you study art in school? Did you like it?

Yes, I did some beginner level classes in my early schooling, maybe between grades one to six or seven, but not after that. I felt that I’m not that talented in art so I did not pursue it when I got an option to choose my studies and hobbies.

Do you have any art in your home and can you tell me about it?

Yes, we do. We have a couple of pictures of sceneries, a really nice picture of the Himalayas, and most interesting, we have an awesome-looking elephant statue in my room.

What is your favorite type of art and why?

Yes, that’s tricky to answer because I do consider music and movies as art forms too and there is a lot of shows and music that I like.

If I were to pick one, I would say the movies because it actually gets out the visual aspect as well as the audio talent.

I would say my favorite movie is Gangs of Wasseypur. It is an action-packed movie with a real great story.

Have you ever been to an art show?

Oh yes, we’ve been to this art exhibit at the Government Museum. It was related to native art, and I’ve been there with my friend who is really interested in it.

If you could make any art piece, what would you make?

Interesting question, if given a chance, I would direct my own movie. Something like The Gangs of Wasseypur. It would be an action packed movie with a provocative philosophy at the end, stating that two wrongs do not do a right. It would be fun.

 

That is the end of part one, we will now continue with part two. For this part, I will show you some questions,

Part One: Introduction: You must show outstanding Fluency, Grammar, Vocabulary, and Pronunciation

Examiner asks for ID and name respond with

Professional English

Full Sentences

‘Heres’ my passport that I had used for registration a couple of weeks ago, please take a look.’

‘My first name is Akshan, my family name is Singh. Please call me Akshan.’

Akshan Is confident

Even if the topic is unfamiliar to him

Crucial Tip

Practice topics not familiar to you

Make a list of unfamiliar topics

If you’re not into math or music

Make sure to practice these.

Let’s continue!

That is the end of part one, we will now continue with part two. For this part, I will show you some questions, you will have one minute to look at these questions, please do not touch the question card, and then you will have one to two minutes to speak. In the one minute preparation time you can take notes if you wish, you have your pencil and notepaper there. I will tell you when to start, and when to stop.

Talk about a club that you have been a member of in the past. Your one minute preparation time begins now.

 

PART2

Talk about a club that you have been a member of in the past.

You should say:

What was this club?

How long were in you this club?

What did you do in this club?

Did you like being a member of this club and why did you stop?

You will have one to two minutes to talk about this topic.

You will have one minute to prepare what you are going to say.

 

Your one minute preparation time is up, please begin speaking.

So I sued to belong to this local cricket club called The Royals for a good few years.

This is a sports club for boys who play cricket.

Cricket is a team sport played where we use a bat, a ball, and the idea is to score the most points.

It is arguably by far the most popular game in India and Karnataka has a very strong team.

So me and my friend play cricket.

I was a member of The Royals from the age of 6 to 16, so for a decade I participated in practice sessions, and games, and tournaments.

I also did a bit of coaching.

We usually had two or three practice sessions a week and s game at once every weekend either Saturday or Sunday.

The practice sessions used to last for 2 or 3 hours, but the games would go on for almost six hours.

I loved playing cricket and I still do but not with a club anymore officially.

The reason being I did not play cricket well enough to go professionally and it took a lot of my time.

So, I had to choose between studies.

Well, having said that, I still do have good connections with former team members and we still share that bond, and we do still play cricket once in a while.

If I have time, I may join an adult men’s cricket group, maybe some time in the future but only if time permits.

 

That is the end of part two, your time is over and I will stop you there. Now we will continue with part three.

 

Part two: Cue Card

 Akshan Scores a band 9

He knows how to talk about an event

The time

The location

The attendees

The activities

His experience

During his preparation time

He picked a sports club as a response

Which he can talk about extensively

It’s easy to visualize

Provides chronology

Starting from childhood

Continuing to adulthood

When talking about an event  

Structure your notes with

The time

The location

The attendees

The activities

His experience

Paying attention to the questions on the card

Prepare your first sentence

Before the examiner starts your speech

Write down on the notepaper

“I used to be a member of a cricket club since the age of 6.”

When the clock starts, you’ll begin confidently & fluently

Let’s continue!

Please put the notepaper and the pencil to the side, Just turn over the notepaper, and put the pencil on top.

For part three, I will ask you some questions related to the topic of part two, and some questions connected to your response.

Let’s talk about social activities

What are common kinds of organizations that people participate in?

Well, like Royals, people take part in a lot of sports clubs like cricket, football, or baseball, millions of people around the world.

Join athletic clubs. Also, people join clubs to socialize and to help people, like UNICEF. 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Spanking online Study

Book List for buy